Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What Is Dance?


During this post I will discuss the the outlook on dancing from a different perspective. I will ask others about what they believe the definition of dancing truly is. I chose to interview dancers on this topic because I want to see what other peoples views on dancing are instead of only knowing my perspective on dance. The people I am interviewing will be dancers from the studio that I attend weekly. I also plan on interviewing my dance instructor too. I plan on interviewing about five people. I will ask them multiple questions on dancing and include their answers in this blog post.

Q1: What is your definition of dance?
-My dance teacher, Alaina says; “ To me dancing is movement throughout the body.”
-Ashley, a dancer at Broadway Bound studio says; “Dancing is a way to express yourself.”  -Another dancer of Broadway Bound; Katie says that it is a way express yourself too.
-Logan, another dancer of the studio says; “Dancing is showing emotions through movement.” -Destiny, a dancer at Broadway Bound says; “ It is a movement of your body.”

Q2: How do you feel when you dance?
-Alania says; “I get a satisfying feeling that nothing that nothing else can bring. I feel happy and joyful.”
-“I get a happy feeling that I love.” Says Ashley.
-“I feel free when I dance.” Says Katie.
-“I feel overcome with happiness and joy.” Says Logan.
-Destiny says; “ I feel like I’m in a whole different world.”

Q3: How does dance impact your life?
-“Dancing has been my whole life.” Says Alania.
-“It is my passion, and it makes me want to reach my goals in life.” Says Ashley.
-“It keeps me happy and keeps me active.” Says Katie.
-“Takes up most of my time.” Says Logan.
-“It keeps me out of trouble.” Says Destiny.





This is a video that shows what dance truly is and he is dancing while telling what dance is to him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PCCpUnD6y4

7 comments:

  1. This Was a Really Good Interview! I Like The Fact That You interviewed Dancers From a Studio! I Like The Questions They Were Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I interviewed the dancers that I go to dance with every week.

      Delete
  2. I loved your post, and everything you have in it. You have some very hard answering questions thank you for giving me a great perspective on dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and you did great with answering the questions.

      Delete
  3. I can see where people come from when they say dance is there passion. Everyone has a passion for something. A tip for future references: try to ask a few more questions so that people can understand more in detail of why dancing impacts peoples' lives. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay thanks, and I will keep that in mind next time.

      Delete
  4. Great post. I was checking constantly this post and I am impressed! Very helpful information. I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this particular info for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck. led tron dance

    ReplyDelete