Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dance Competitions


During this blog post I will talk about dance competitions and what it was like for me when I had my first solo dance at a competition. Dance competitions are a chance to show people everything you got. At the dance competitions there will be judges adding and deducting points from your score depending on how well your on stage performance is.


The judges usually have a tape recorder and they talk into it while you dance to give you constructive criticism. The constructive criticism helps out a lot. It helps you know what to do whenever you’re practicing in the studio so you can do it even better whenever you hit the stage.



Whenever they had called my number for me to go on stage to start my dance, I was very shaky and nervous. I couldn’t stop thinking about what I would do if I messed up. When my music cut on it was like my mind was blank of all negative thoughts. I wasn’t thinking about anything. It was like I was the only one in the auditorium, just dancing by myself with no one watching. Before I knew it my song was over. I thought it went by very quickly.

After I got of off the stage it was like I wanted to go right back up there and dance all over again. I had so much fun. I just didn’t have a care in the world for the rest of the day. I was so proud of myself for actually going on stage in front of hundreds of people and performing a solo dance all by myself.


After competitions there are always awards. They make sure that everyone gets some kind of award, because everyone deserves something for actually trying. There are many different kinds of awards you can get. The highest is called a diamond award then there’s the high platinum, platinum, high gold, gold, and silver. Sometimes it just depends on what kind of competition you go to. Whenever all of that is done they then place the dances from tenth to first for each category. After that they name the top dances overall. When I had my first solo I ended up being fifth place.
This is the competition that I attended last Sunday.
http://dancemachineonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Dance-Machine-Logo.gif

4 comments:

  1. Good Post,I love the way you described dance competitions. All this is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post I like all the information you give about dance competitions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the info you gave as well. However, your sentence structure is very bland. Add some variety to your sentences. I also want to experience your voice in your writing more. Lose the dead words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello.This post was really remarkable, particularly because I was browsing for thoughts on this subject last week. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the subject and found most persons will approve with your post. I am continually invstigating online for ideas that can aid me. Thanks! MJ Style Tron dance

    ReplyDelete